Friday, December 16, 2011

She's Home!

Our sweet little girl is home with us. She is sitting in her swing (not swinging) right next to me as I type this. It is hard to believe, for me. I smile every time I look at her; she is precious and beautiful. It's crazy that just 10 short weeks ago, our sweet baby was born weighing just 1 lb 14.7 oz; she even got down to 1 lb 10 oz. I am so happy to report that she was tipping the scales today at 5 lb 6 oz! She is definitely still a little peanut, but she is 3 times as big as she was when she was born.

She was supposed to go home on Wed. See-- Here she is all dressed to go home Wed.


Unfortunately, she had a little reflux issue, scared her Mommy, and had to stay for an extra couple of days. Other than that little issue, she has been great! She would be a 35 weeker if I were still pregnant, which means she has done better than anticipated, coming home already. She is on an apnea monitor, which makes me breathe a little easier. 

None of the kids have been able to meet her due to the rules of the NICU; so today they were very anxious. Carter absolutely adored her, which surprised us; he was sweet and gentle and just wanted to be around her. Brooklyn was even better than we expected. She has the kindest little heart and just talked to Cohen and sang to her while holding her. Bobo bear (Brayden) didn't respond as well. We've never had a tough time bringing new babies home. Bobo is the first child to have an adverse reaction. He just doesn't understand :( He was extremely happy at first; however, when he realized he couldn't grab and hit her-- this was his reaction--


We had to deal with a lot of crying from him all day. I know he will adjust to Cohen, eventually. We will just have to take it one day at a time and keep a very close eye on him.

Here are a bunch of pictures from our day











We are all settled in and ready for the night shift. I'm hoping she sticks to her NICU schedule. I guess we will see how she does. Thank you for your continued prayers. God continues to be faithful to us and we are so thankful!



5 comments:

  1. This is SO great to read! Thank God! I love the crying picture! Way to funny and cute. I hope he adjust quickly. We will keep praying! I can't wait for the day you can celebrate her first birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post Chelce! This brought tears to my eyes as I thought
    of y'alls long journey to get to this point. God is faithful and so good, how
    is has blessed your family so much. We love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Congrats Congrats!! She is incredibly beautiful!! And for sure growing like a weed. The kids all look like they were happy to meet her :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for the Day Family - all together at last! Your precious little gift is home - this must be the merriest Christmas you've ever had! Love to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing Christmas gift for you all...your whole family under one roof at last!

    ReplyDelete