Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Whole Pound Bigger!

My sweet little coco bean weighs 2 lbs 15 oz today. She was 1 lb 14.7 oz at birth. Putting on a whole pound makes quite a difference for our little peanut. I'm up here with her now, just staring at her. She is doing pretty well; a few ups and down, which are to be expected. She is on a nasal canula right now. I love the canula because her little face doesn't get all swollen. She really is getting more beautiful everyday.

I'm struggling right now with the amount of time I am able to be up here. Brian came last night after work, so I haven't seen her since Tuesday morning. I am struggling with mom guilt. I wish I could be here every moment of every day, but I have three more beautiful children at home that I take have to/ want to take care of, too. I can really use prayers for that if you are up for it. I know Brian had a tough time, too. We can both use prayers :)

Cohen is tolerating her feeds pretty well. She had a little blood in her tummy yesterday, but they think it was because the feeding tube was irritating the lining of her stomach. She has been ok since then. She also got her fifth blood transfusion today. I'm hoping we will be past needing them pretty soon. Brian was able to hold her this past weekend. It was very special. I got some great pictures, but they are on the computer at home. I will post them soon. Coco bean is also a MONTH old! It is hard to even believe. She's still got a couple of months here, but I am starting to get excited about her being home with us.

If you could also be in prayer for a friend of mine-- her baby girl was born weighing 1 lb 10 oz, just two weeks after Cohen. We go to church together and her sweet girl is just down the hall from Coco. Baby Chloe is also doing well, but can definitely still use the prayers. Thanks again and I will update again, soon :)

Chelce

2 comments:

  1. I follow a few blogs of parents who have babies in the NICU and they all deal with guilt over not being able to be with all of their children all the time. It must be so hard! But you are doing a fantastic job! I'm praying that you and Brian will find comfort knowing that Cohen is always in God's hands even when she can't be in yours. I don't know about you, but I find a great deal of comfort in music when life is hard. Matt Hammitt, the frontman of the Christian rock band Sanctus Real, released a solo album called Every Falling Tear a couple months ago. He wrote each of the songs for his little boy, Bowen, who was born with half a heart last year. The songs are beautiful and you might relate to them having a baby in the hospital. Bowen is doing very well, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelce: I don't know you and Brian, but know your precious mother-in-love, Laura. We have been praying and will continue to pray. God is in control and will see you through this. His way is perfect. I agree with Christin about music. If you can spare a moment listen to Casting Crowns new song "Your Already There". He sees all and knows what is ahead. I will also pray for your friend. All our ladies at Highlands are praying as well and I will remind them tomorrow. If we can do anything, please have Laura let us know.

    ReplyDelete