Friday, November 4, 2011

Wires

I've had the song "Wires" by Athlete stuck in my head for a few days. I downloaded it to my itunes a few years ago when it was the theme music of one of those gory discovery health shows I like. I just learned a few days ago that the song was written by the lead singer who had a baby in the NICU. It probably isn't everyone's taste, but I like it.

Cohen is doing great. I am sitting here looking at her right now, with all of her wires connected to her. She is getting cuter. I feel like she is starting to look like a Day kid. She is breathing completely on her own now. She is still on the CPAP, but she is doing well on it.

Her enormous CPAP


More good news: her infection seems to be gone. They finished one antibiotic today and will be finishing another in a couple of days. They also started her feeds today; I am most nervous about this. She has had a tough time with her feeds (blood in bowel movements and swollen intestines), we need lots of prayers specifically for this. They are going to move very slowly this time. She is getting .9 ml's every three hours to begin, it will continue to be increased over time if she does well.

This picture was taken when they were readjusting her CPAP- you can see her sweet face

I was able to kangaroo with her, again, yesterday. It is so nice feeling her warmth against my chest. It helps me to feel like her mom. What's crazy to me is that her little movements remind me of when she was inside my belly. She will give a little kick or a push and I will remember that she should still be inside of me, 30 weeks along today growing happily. 






The other day I got a video of her sucking on a preemie pacifier for the first time. You get a pretty good gauge for her size from the video

A quick detour from Coco bean. We took the kids trick or treating and they had a ton of fun. Here are some pictures. We have a Princess Leia, a Yoda and a transformer. 




Hope you all had a Happy Halloween and thank you for keeping up with us!





3 comments:

  1. Praise God for Cohen Grace's progress! I am so thrilled to hear how well she is doing. Cohen is really pretty and you can see the improvement in her overall "look" in these pictures! Your trick or treaters are so beautiful. Im glad you were able to get out and have some fun with them! I continue to pray for Cohen and your family and have asked many of my friends who do not attend "Next" to pray for my pastor's granddaughter! I'm sure everyone asks their other friends to pray also... so just thnik of all the prayers going up for this precious little one... . and we know that prayer is the reason Cohen is progressing so well. What a little miracle we are all witnessing as God continues to bless your little daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle Costello WoodNovember 5, 2011 at 1:32 PM

    Hi Chelce, I'm just now seeing your blog and wanted to let you know I'll be praying for your family and for precious Cohen Grace. One of my friends here in Knoxville, TN just had her baby at 25 3/7 wks and he is currently in the nicu. It is absolutely amazing to see how perfect and how tiny they are. My daughter and I pray for Brody every night and we'll add Cohen Grace as well! Your family is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to "meet" you all.. Your mom and I "met" as gaming friends on FB awhile ago and sort of determined that we might have been twins separated at birth given the crazy amount of things our lives have in common. But enough of that...I just wanted your family to know that you are in my prayers daily. I am very excited to see the miracles I see whenever you post on your blog. The posts give me one more thing that I can give thanks and praise to God for.
    Your Michigan prayer warrior, Val Van Someren

    ReplyDelete